Once you make this recipe, you’ll be kicking yourself for not making it sooner. It is so incredibly easy and you don’t need that much equipment. Plus, sauerkraut is very beneficial for establishing healthy gut flora.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 c shredded red cabbage
- 2 c shredded beets (and a carrot or two if you so desire)
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Himalayan salt
- 2 tsp. coriander seeds
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Using your hands, massage the salt into the vegetables. This is going to help bring out the natural juices from the vegetables.
- Get a wide-mouthed glass jars and press the vegetables down into jars, leaving some room at the top. Make sure you give the vegetables a good press. Set your Fermentation airlock tools in place, screw on the band, and store the jars in dark cool place for about a week.
- We recommend putting the jars on a plate or in something just in case there is some overflow. Keep checking throughout the week to make sure the vegetables are covered with liquid. If they aren't you can add a little distilled water.
- Once you open them to eat, store the jars in the fridge.