Things are going to heat up when you make this hot sauce, which should be used sparingly. While this is flavorful, you don’t want to douse your food with it and have the whole meal taste like this hot sauce.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 30m
- 30 habanero peppers
- 1 c white vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon (lime juice is good, too)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro (you can add more if you want the flavor to be more present)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Chop the tops off the peppers and remove the stems. Add them to a food processor, along with all of the other ingredients.
- Blend everything together until you get a smooth mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, reduce to a low simmer for 20 minutes and cover with a lid.
- Remove from the heat and allow the sauce to cool. Strain it through a sieve into a glass jar. Refrigerate and use as you please.