This is a healthy twist on those classic fig bars, but you don’t have to worry about sugars or unhealthy ingredients when you snack on these bites. They are gluten-free, paleo-friendly, and the perfect snack to power you through your cleanse.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 3 c dried figs (no preservatives or added sugars)
- 1 c raw walnuts
- 1/4 c ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- First off, remove the hard stems from the dried figs. You don\'t want those in your energy bites.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until it looks like the consistency of fine sand. It may take a few minutes.
- Using a tablespoon, an ice cream scooper, or your hands, form small balls from the mixture and place them on a plate that is lined with parchment paper.
- Once you are finished making the balls, place them in the refrigerator overnight so they can firm up. Enjoy them the next day.
- They will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.