This recipe is about to change your life; it’s just that good. This pumpkin seed butter is better than Nutella, peanut butter, almond butter, and cashew butter combined. It’s a wonderfully creamy seed butter, making it an excellent choice for people with nut allergies.
Not only is this pumpkin seed butter delicious, but it also contains beneficial nutrients. Pumpkin seeds are naturally rich in zinc, manganese, copper, magnesium, and iron. They also contain beneficial carotenoids and cell-protecting antioxidants, including vitamin E. One of the primary reasons people eat pumpkin seeds is for their omega-3 content. Omega-3s, such as alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), work to fight inflammation and reduce plaque build-up in the arteries.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 2 c raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. raw agave syrup
- Add the pumpkin seeds and oil to a food processor and pulse chop for about one minute. Scrape down the sides and then pulse for another minute. Repeat this process one more time.
- Blend on high for about two minutes (you should seed the mixture start to liquify.
- Stop blending, scrape down the sides again, add the agave syrup, and blend for another five minutes or so. Only stop blending once you achieve a smooth butter.
- Spoon the sunflower seed butter into a glass jar with a lid. Serve with apple slices or celery sticks. Store in a cool, dry place and use within a week.