We know, we know…you didn’t even think that this was a possibility. It’s actually a lot easier to make than you think it is. You don’t need a fancy bread maker because this doesn’t involve baking, but you do need a dehydrator.
One thing that we do have to make clear is that this isn’t your traditional bread. You aren’t going to take a bite of this and think it tastes familiar. It is a beautiful combination of natural ingredients that you form into a loaf to the best of your abilities. It’s great for breakfast, lunch, as a snack, or as an accompaniment to your dinner. Make
- Prep Time: 30m
- Cook Time: 9h
- Total Time: 9h 30m
- 1 1/2 c raw almonds
- 1/3 c flax seeds
- 1/3 c raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c goji berries
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 c filtered water
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Add the almonds, flax seeds, and sunflower seeds to a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds. You don\'t want to over-process this mixture. Spoon the mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- Rinse the food processor bowl and then add the sun-dried tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, goji berries, sea salt, water, and oregano to the processor bowl. Blend until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the nut and seed mixture into the food processor and continue blending until everything is well-combined.
- Remove this mixture from the food processor and form it into the shape of a loaf of bread on a dehydrator sheet. Make sure the dehydrator sheet is lined with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Once you form your loaf, insert it into the dehydrator and dehydrate at 115º F for 4 hours. Remove the loaf, flip it over, and then place it back in the dehydrator for another 4-5 hours.
- Remove from the dehydrator, slice the loaf as you desire, and top with fresh tomato slices and basil leaves if you want. You can also top it with raw vegan cashew cheese. Enjoy!