Yogurt may be one of the best breakfast foods. It’s too bad that packaged yogurt products are replete with artificial flavors and excess sugars. You can easily make your own yogurts with natural, raw vegan ingredients. Normally, our cleanse-approved yogurt recipes use cashews or banana as the base. Both of those ingredients provide optimum creaminess, which helps replicate the texture of real yogurt.
This recipe is a game changer because raw coconut meat makes for the perfect yogurt base. Not only is it inherently sweet, but it offers a unique nuttiness that enhances the flavor of the yogurt. You will have to get your hands on some young Thai coconuts in order to make this recipe, but it’s so worth it. Make sure not to throw away the fresh coconut water because you’ll need it for the blending process.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c fresh young Thai coconut meat
- 1/2 c fresh coconut water from Thai coconuts
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides midway through blending, and continue blending to ensure that everything is incorporated.
- Spoon the blended mixture into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Remove from the fridge when ready to eat. Spoon some into a bowl and top with optional berries, freshly sliced bananas, or chopped raw nuts.