Pumpkin seeds are some of the most nutrient dense seeds that you can consume. They are rich in protein, containing all nine essential amino acids that the body cannot produce on its own. Pumpkin seeds are also great sources of zinc and iron, with one cup of pumpkin seeds containing almost 50% of the recommended daily intake of iron.
The reason people love pumpkin seed milk is because it is very creamy and flavorful, making it perfect for smoothies or shakes. If you want to make a healthy raw vegan dessert, this seed milk is an excellent addition. Don’t simply enjoy this recipe while you’re cleansing; rather, feel free to bring it with you into life after cleansing. We promise that you’ll love it!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c raw pumpkin seeds (soaked for 8 hours and then drained)
- 3 c filtered water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp. raw agave syrup (optional)
- After the sunflower seeds finish soaking in water, make sure to drain them before blending.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Place a nut milk bag or fine mesh sieve over a glass bowl or jug. Pour the pumpkin seed milk through the nut milk bag or sieve, ensuring that you get all the liquid.
- Store the milk in a sealed container in the fridge and consume within 2-3 days.