If you purchase frozen veggie patties from the grocery store, they most likely contain a lot of processed ingredients and they are often high in sodium. You can use these zucchini fritters in place of those unhealthy vegetable patties, and all you need is a mixing bowl and a frying pan.
- 3 1/2 c grated zucchini
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 c almond flour
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 c vegan butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Add the grated zucchini to a bowl, sprinkle the sea salt over it, and mix it up. Let this sit for 10 minutes to help release excess water.
- Use your hands to squeeze the water out of the zucchini and then place the drained zucchini into another large mixing bowl.
- Add the almond flour, nutritional yeast, baking powder, minced garlic, and green onions to the bowl with the zucchini and mix together with your hands.
- Pour in the melted vegan butter and mix. This will help thicken the batter.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Use an ice cream scooper or quarter cup to scoop that amount of batter into the pan. Once the batter balls are in the pan, use your spatula to press them flat. Depending on the size of your pan, you may only be able to cook three or four fritters at once.
- Cook the fritters for about 3-4 minutes per side and then remove from the pan. Transfer them to a plate and cover to keep them warm while you cook the rest of the fritters.
- Serve with some diced tomatoes and mixed greens and enjoy!