If you cannot have nut milk and don’t want to consume dairy products, oat milk is the perfect solution. You can use oat milk in savory or sweet recipes, which is why we did not sweeten it. If you only want to drink it or use it in smoothies, you may want to add 1-2 tablespoons of agave or grade A maple syrup to naturally sweeten the oat milk.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- Yield: 3-4 cups
- Category: Smoothies & Juices, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 c old-fashioned oats (soaked in water for 30 minutes and then drained)
- 3 c water
- 1 -2 tbsp raw agave syrup (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract (optional)
- After you drain and wash the oats that were soaking, add them to a blender with the water and optional agave or vanilla. Blend for about one minute.
- Drape a cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer over a large bowl and pour the mixture in slowly. You'll need to pick the cheesecloth out of the bowl and squeeze it to get as much oat milk as you can.
- Store the oat milk in a sealed container in the fridge for up to five days.