“Peaches, Peaches, Peaches, Peaches, Peaches, Peaches….” Super Mario movie, anyone? Anyways, summer is almost over and that means that the freshest peach varieties may not be available for much longer. They are incredibly juicy when ripe and offer an impressive nutritional profile. These classic summer fruits are refreshing to enjoy raw, but another great way to enjoy them is toe grill them. As a quick reminder, you cannot grill if you are cleansing. This is strictly a vegan recipe meant for people who are not cleansing.
Do you need to peel your peaches? You actually want to leave the skin on your peaches because it helps them stay intact on the grill. When it comes time to eat the grilled peaches, you can remove the skin if you want. Because it will be cooked, the peel will be very easy to remove at that point. The peel does have a lot of nutrients, so removing it prior to eating is entirely up to you.
When it comes to grilling peaches, you have to know when they are done. The easiest way to tell is that is when they are visibly soft and start to collapse just a little. They should have sufficient char marks as well, but not so intense to the point where you cannot even detect the fruit. Once they are done, it’s time to serve them. You can serve them with some vegan ice cream or pair them with a savory dinner. Even though peaches have an inherent sweetness, they work well in desserts or dinners. You can even serve these grilled peaches with yogurt!
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:10m
- Total Time:15m
- 3 peaches, sliced in half and pitted
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and make sure to clean off any leftover char with a wire brush. You can also warm a grill pan over medium heat on your stove if you do not have a grill.
- After halving and pitting the peaches, put them on a plate and drizzle them with the oil. Make sure to not use extra virgin olive oil or else the peaches will have a weird flavor.
- Grill the peaches skin side up for about five minutes and then flip, cooking for another five or six minutes.
- Serve immediately with or without a garnish of vegan ice cream or yogurt. Enjoy!