Sun-dried tomatoes are amazing and can be used in a plethora of recipes. If you have a newfound love with your dehydrator, you are going to appreciate having this recipe in your life. It is extremely simple to dehydrate them, but they need a slightly higher temperature, so they aren’t Full Body Cleanse approved.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 6h
- Total Time: 6h 10m
- 2 -3 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head garlic cloves removed and peeled
- 10 -12 basil leaves
- 2 c extra virgin olive oil
- extra dried oregano and basil (optional)
- Wash and dry your tomatoes and slice them into 1/4\" thick rounds.
- Lay the tomato slices (without overlapping) on the dehydrator trays and season them with sea salt, pepper, dried oregano, and dried basil.
- Place the trays in the dehydrator and leave them in there for about 6 hours at 140 degrees. You want them to be a little pliable, so take them out, flip them, and put them back at the 3-hour mark.
- Remove the tomatoes from the dehydrator and layer them in a large jar or smaller jars. Add the garlic cloves, basil leaves, rosemary sprigs, and a little more dried basil and oregano.
- Cover with olive oil and cap the jar. Store in the refrigerator and it will keep fresh for about 5 days.