A person’s diet and immunity go hand in hand. Regardless of how you choose to boost your own immune system, one thing is for certain: the foods in this soup contain powerful immune-boosting properties. The flavors are vibrant and they help to soothe a sore throat, and the soup can be ready in 10-15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 1/2 c carrots, chopped
- 1/2 c white onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 c low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Warm the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and carrots and cook until softened (about 8-10 minutes). Stir in the garlic during the last minute or so of cooking and then remove from heat.
- Pour the sautéed carrots, onions, and garlic into a blender and then add the ginger, orange juice, turmeric, vegetable broth, and sea salt and pepper. Blend until you get a smooth consistency.
- Serve and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!