If you want to boost immune health, you have to start by consuming nutrient-dense foods. This healthy bowl of super soup contains ingredients that have an alkalizing effect on the body. Since an acidic body is more prone to infection and other illnesses, it is best to strive for alkalinity. Slurp this soup to reap the benefits!
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:45m
- 1 pack spelt noodles
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 c cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 zucchini
- 1 key lime
- 4 c filtered water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 c basil
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 1/4 c mint (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package.
- While the noodles are cooking, warm the grapeseed oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, and then add in the bell pepper, mushroom, and cherry tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grated zucchini to the pot and cook for one minute. Add the juice from the key lime, water, sea salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling, add the noodles and lower the heat to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a mixture of the basil, cilantro, and mint. Enjoy!