What is gazpacho? Well, gazpacho is a chilled soup that originated in Andalucía, Spain, and traditional recipes call for tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, garlic, olive oil, and more. You enjoy the soup cold, so there is no cooking involved, making it a great summer dish or light beginning to a multi-course meal. Although this avocado gazpacho is not entirely authentic, it does exhibit incredible depth of flavor and it’s almost like liquid guacamole.
This recipe is not only raw vegan, but it is also low-carb, paleo-friendly, keto-friendly, and replete with healthy fats. Slurp it out of a spoon or pour it into a cup so that you can drink it. We are not responsible if this refreshingly cold soup with powerful flavors kicks you into a pleasure-induced food coma. The great thing about this recipe is that you can tweak it until it is just right for your palate. Adjust the amount of onion, lime juice, chile, sea salt, and pepper to taste and then enjoy immediately.
This avocado gazpacho serves about four people, but you can divide it into much smaller portions as a party appetizer. Consider making a big batch and pouring it into shot glasses for a healthy swig of deliciousness. If you make it for a large gathering, make sure to do it right and top each shot glass with some fresh ingredients. Diced cucumbers, diced green onion, and diced avocado take the presentation to another level. Plus, you get more texture to contrast the creamy cold soup.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c filtered water
- 2 avocados, pitted and peeled
- 2 c English cucumber, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/4 tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 c ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients, except the ice cubes, into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. This may take anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds.
- Taste and tweak the lime juice, onion, sea salt, and pepper to taste. Add the ice and blend on high for another 10 to 20 seconds, or until chilled and smooth.
- Serve immediately and top with optional diced avocado, green onions, cilantro, or micro greens of your choice.