The Instant Pot has made it so easy for people to whip up meals that have intense depth of flavor in a short amount of time. This makes the Instant Pot perfect for lentils, because they can take a long time to soak and cook properly. Dried lentils break down in about 5 minutes inside the Instant Pot, so you’ll have a flavorful dinner ready in no time.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 25m
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 c brown lentils
- 1 (14oz) can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 4 c low-sodium vegetable stock
- 2 c kale, shredded and thick stems removed
- 1/2 lime
- Turn the Instant Pot on "Saute" mode and warm the olive oil in there for one minute. Add the minced garlic and cook for one minute, or until garlic is browned.
- Add the diced onion and saute until translucent. Season with the cumin and paprika and mix well.
- Add the sweet potato, lentils, diced tomatoes, and vegetable stock, give it a stir, and close the lid of the Instant Pot. Cook on High Pressure for about 12 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooking is complete, hit the "Cancel" button and quickly release the pressure of the pot. Open the lid and stir in the kale and the juice of the lime. Serve and enjoy.