This inexpensive soup will surely warm your soul! The best thing about this soup is that you throw everything in the slow cooker and walk away for three hours while magic happens. The flavors intensify, the leeks soften, and the potatoes become wonderfully soft and tender.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 3h
- Total Time: 3h 10m
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 large russet potato, cubed
- 32 oz low-sodium vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker and mix well to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for three hours.
- When the soup is finished cooking, turn off the slow cooker, remove the cover, and take the bay leaf out of the soup. DO NOT EAT THE BAY LEAF.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and enjoy. If you want to set off the flavor, serve with a lemon wedge.