Mushrooms are probably one of the best meat replacements because they are naturally meaty, filling, and can easily absorb flavors. It is best to marinate the mushrooms in this recipe for at least two hours, but the longer they sit in the spicy marinade, the more flavorful they’ll be.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 2 c button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. jerk seasoning
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 c raw cauliflower rice (grate cauliflower to yield rice-like consistency)
- Add all of the ingredients, except for the cauliflower rice, to a medium-sized bowl and mix well. Cover the bowl and let the mushrooms marinate for at least two hours at room temperature.
- Spoon the cauliflower rice into a serving bowl. Add the mushrooms and a little of the marinade to the bowl and mix with the cauliflower rice. The more marinade you add, the more saucy it will be. We hope you enjoy it!