When you are finished with a Dherbs cleanse, choosing nutritious meals that are easy to digest is of the utmost importance. Not only do these meals supply the body with healthy fuel, but the also ease the transition into a healthier lifestyle, setting the stage for how you will continue eating post cleanse. This salad is a great post cleanse recipe because it is rich in in healthy carbs, protein, healthy fats, and vitamins & minerals.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 c quinoa
- 2 c low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 5 c kale leaves, chopped and thick stems removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can organic salt-free black beans, drained
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1 c red bell pepper chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and cubed
- Place a small saucepan over medium-high heat and add the quinoa and garlic to toast it it until it is nearly dry.
- Add the two cups of vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer until the quinoa has absorbed all the water (about 15-20 minutes).
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of vegetable broth, chia seeds, chili powder, cayenne pepper, cumin, and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Let the dressing sit for a couple minutes to allow the chia seeds to naturally thicken the dressing.
- Place the chopped kale leaves in a large mixing bowl. Pour half of the dressing over the kale and massage the leaves to tenderize them. Do this for about one to two minutes.
- When the quinoa is finished cooking, spoon it into a bowl and place in the fridge to chill for about 10 minutes.
- Add the black beans, carrots, bell pepper, remaining dressing, and chilled quinoa to the mixing bowl with the kale. Mix well and to ensure that all the ingredients are coated with the dressing.
- Just before you serve the salad, squeeze a little extra lemon juice on it and season it with a little cumin and sea salt, if you so desire.
- When you serve the salad in separate bowls, place chopped avocado on top of each salad.