A green smoothie doesn’t have to taste like a freshly-mowed lawn, people. When you make it right, a green smoothie is perfectly balanced, with notes of sweetness that cut through the slightly bitter greens. For instance, this smoothie contains bananas and dates, two sweet ingredients.
The most important thing to remember when you make a kale smoothie is this: do not blend the thick stems. The reason for this is because they’ll make your smoothie taste extremely bitter. Now that you have that information, let’s blend this smoothie!
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 1/4 c homemade almond milk
- 2 bananas, peeled, cubed, and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c raw cashews
- 2 c kale leaves (thick stems removed)
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 c ice cubes
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth. Make sure that you blend up that ice because you do not want chunks in your smoothie.
- If your smoothie is too thick for your liking, you can add a little more almond milk. If it is not thick enough, please add more ice and blend it up.
- Pour into a large cup and enjoy.