Kimchi is one of the best sources of probiotics, the primary of which is called lactobacilli, a bacterium that helps with digestion and promotes a healthy gut. Add the nutrients from the avocados, cilantro, bok choy, and carrots to the equation and each bite you take is replete with health benefits!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 3/4 c Homemade Kimchi
- 1 c bok choy, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, diced
- 2 tbsp. unsulfured, dehydrated cranberries (optional)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 lime, cut into wedges for garnish
- Make the kimchi according to the instructions. You are going to want to make it a long time before you decide to make this recipe.
- Add the 3/4 cup of kimchi, bok choy, shredded carrots, cilantro, and cranberries to a bowl and mix well.
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits. With a fork or knife remove some of the avocado meat and mix it into the kimchi salad.
- To serve, portion the kimchi salad in each avocado shell. Place lime wedges on each avocado shell for an added citrusy zest. Enjoy!