These lemon coconut bites are an easy-to-make snack that really hit the spot when you need to fill up or require energy. If you want these bite to hold their form, stick them in the freezer for an hour before you eat them. And be prepared for the zing of that lemon, which is tamed by the sweetness of the dates and coconut.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c cashews
- 1 c unsweetened dehydrated coconut, shredded
- 7 medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 –2 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice from 1–2 lemons
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until the mixture starts to resemble a clump of dough.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and begin forming it into tablespoon size balls.
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate them for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
- You can store the balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.