Successfully incorporating chickpeas into a salad can be a difficult task, but we were up to the challenge. This recipe has a beautiful, citrusy zing that is refreshing and light. Feel free to decorate the salad with some of your other favorite veggies if you want to.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
For the Salad
- 2 c kale, chopped and stems removed
- 1 (15oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 c orange wedges
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until you get a creamy-like consistency.
- Put the kale in a large salad bowl and drizzle the dressing over it. Using your hands, massage the dressing into the kale leaves.
- Fold in the chickpeas, avocado, and orange wedges and make sure the salad is well-mixed before serving. Enjoy!