If you’re like most people, you don’t want to move in the morning. Obviously, you can’t hide from the day under your covers, especially if you have little ones who are about to sweep you up in a tornado of energy. Unfortunately, their energy doesn’t make you feel lively.
The best thing you can do for yourself is to have your breakfast ready to go when you wake up. This is where overnight oats come into play. Prepare your breakfast the night before and remove the jar from the fridge the following. The only thing left for you to do is take out a spoon and dig in.
This overnight oat recipe is loaded with healthy fats, fiber, omega-3s, protein, and other nutrients that boost your energy levels. It’s the perfect breakfast to propel you through your day. You may not even need your morning cup of coffee!
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 c rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. maca powder
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to an airtight container and shake vigorously. You can also add everything to a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- However you go about the mixing process, make sure to refrigerate the mixture in an airtight glass container/jar overnight.
- In the morning, remove the container/jar from the fridge and spoon into two separate bowls. You can add optional toppings like blueberries, almond butter, or bananas, if you have them. Serve and enjoy.