It’s hard to quit smoking, but this elixir may help you do just that. Try drinking this twice a day to experience cleaner lungs and a decreased craving for cigarettes.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:30m
- Total Time:35m
- Serves: 16 servings
- Category: Smoothies & Juices, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 2 lb onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 L water
- 1 1/3 c grade A maple syrup
- 2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 inch piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
- Place everything in a large pot over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the flame slightly once the mixture starts boiling. Let the mixture reduce by half.
- Strain the mixture once it has reduced and transfer to a large glass jar. Let it cool and the place the jar in the fridge.
- Consume two tablespoons of this remedy in the morning on an empty stomach and in the evening two hours before dinner for best results.
We modified the original recipe by swapping out sugar for maple syrup. Maple syrup is a healthier, more flavorful alternative to sugar and its antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-bacterial, and anti-diabetic properties are supernatural!