Mango and carrot may not seem like the perfect couple, but they actually make a delicious pair. Rich in vitamins A & C and fiber, these two ingredients are excellent in smoothies and juices. The great thing about adding them to smoothies, though, is that you get that incredible fiber that you don’t get from a juice. Can you tell we prefer smoothies? Juices have their place in this life, but you can use less ingredients and fill up easier when you drink smoothies.
As you can see from the recipe picture, this smoothie is a vibrant orange. That is because both the carrots and mango contain beta-carotene, a form of vitamin A that acts as an antioxidant. Vitamin A works to encourage healthier eyesight and immune function. Orange fruits and vegetable typically contain other powerful nutrients, including lycopene, flavonoids, potassium, vitamin B6, and fiber. Because of their rich vitamin A content, these foods may lower the risk of age-related macular degeneration.
While the carrot and mango deserve their stage time, we cannot ignore the other key player in this smoothie: ginger. Ginger may ease nausea and motion sickness by soothing the stomach. The active ingredients in ginger reach parts of the gastrointestinal tract that cause these stomach issues. Additionally, ginger works to boost brain function by increasing serotonin and dopamine levels. The anti-inflammatory nature of ginger gives your immune system a helping hand, especially when trying to find infection, such as the common cold or flu.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- Serves: 1 serving
- Category: Full Body Cleanse Approved, Smoothies & Juices, Raw, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1/2 c carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 c water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add a little more water and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a large cup and enjoy.