There are green smoothies, and then there are green smoothies. Some of them taste like lawn clippings, while others have the perfect balance of fruits and green vegetables. The right green smoothie can convince you to start drinking more of them, which is a great thing. The main thing is to not overload your green smoothies with fruit because, although the sugars in fruit are naturally occurring, you can consume too much.
This smoothie contains mango, peach, kale, ginger, and freshly squeezed lemon juice, so it hits a lot of flavor notes. You have sweet, bitter, and slightly tart. Just like the kale, the lemon juice helps to promote alkalinity within the body, despite the fact that it contains citric acid. You can learn more about how lemons and other seemingly acidic fruits promote alkalinity by clicking here. Ginger can help soothe an upset stomach and provides anti-inflammatory properties, just like other ingredients in this smoothie.
What you need to know about this smoothie is that it is perfectly sweet, but not too sweet. It is smooth without being overly creamy. It’s gingery, fruity, loaded with greens, and incredibly delicious. A few slurps will have you in a daze of smoothie bliss! That’s not a guarantee, but it’s how we felt! If you try this smoothie, let us know what you think of it in the comments below, and don’t forget to tag us on social media so that we can praise your smoothie-making.
- Prep Time:5m
- Total Time:5m
- 1 c ice
- 2 c kale
- 1 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 peach, pitted and cubed
- 1 tbsp. ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 c filtered water
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Make sure that you thoroughly blend the kale because you do not want kale chunks swimming in your smoothie when you drink it.
- If the smoothie is too thick, pour in a little more water and then blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- Divide between two cups and enjoy.