Add a little zest to your life when you eat this vibrantly colored slaw. It is crunchy, a little sweet, citrusy, and just spicy enough to keep you awake! You can eat it on its own or include it in one of the raw taco recipes in our cleanse approved recipe section.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the Slaw
- 1 medium head of red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled and diced
- 1/2 c fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 c raw pumpkin seeds (preferably sprouted)
For the Dressing
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 - inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. raw agave
- Mix the cabbage, green onion, mango and jalapeño in a large bowl. Then, add the cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl, or blend them together in a blender. Taste and adjust the flavors as needed.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and mix well to ensure everything is coated. If time permits, refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Enjoy!