Wake up and refresh your palate by making this tropical smoothie bowl for breakfast. It is filled with bright flavors and various antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and essential fatty acids that provide the body with sustained energy until your next meal.
Note: Obviously, you don’t have to crack a coconut in half and use the halves as your bowls, but the picture was too gorgeous not to use.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
For the Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 c mango, cubed and frozen overnight
- 1 banana, sliced and frozen overnight
- 1 c homemade almond milk
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 c water (if necessary)
For the Toppings
- 1/4 c raspberries
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- 1 tbsp. dehydrated coconut, chopped
- Add the mango, banana, almond milk, and maple syrup to a high-speed blender and blend until you get a thick, sorbet-like consistency. If you need to add water to aid the blending process, do so little by little. You don\'t want a watery smoothie bowl.
- Pour the blended mixture into a bowl and arrange the toppings like an artist painting a blank canvas. Or just throw the toppings on top whichever way and enjoy the flavors!