If you are a person of sound mind, you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Consuming the right foods in the morning can provide you with sustained energy, and it kickstarts your metabolism. Even though people know they should eat breakfast, it gets left by the wayside in the morning rush. Let’s eliminate the hassle of making breakfast with these overnight oats.
Prepare your breakfast at night in a matter of minutes, refrigerate it overnight, and enjoy it in the morning. By soaking the oats in liquid overnight in the fridge, they tenderize and absorb flavors. For this recipe, they take on the comforting flavors of cinnamon, ginger, vanilla, and maple. It’s like eating apple pie for breakfast and not worrying about the calories and sugar! We hope you like this recipe as much as we do.
- 3 c rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/3 c grade A maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, apples, maple syrup, cinnamon, ginger, and sea salt.
- After mixing for a couple minutes, pour in the vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir to combine and then cover the bowl with plastic wrap.
- If you do not want to place the whole bowl in the fridge, you can spoon the mixture into four Mason jars and place them in the fridge.
- Add the covered bowl or Mason jars to the fridge to stay in there overnight.
- In the morning, serve yourself the overnight oats and enjoy.