Who said that you need lettuce to make a salad? This marinated tomato salad proves that a tomatoes, herbs, and onion make a beautifully vibrant salad. The secret to this salad is fresh ingredients. Sorry, folks, but you need to leave the dried herbs in the spice rack. Get your hands on fresh herbs, plump tomatoes, and you can thank us later because the flavors are intense and heavenly.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 2 lb tomatoes, cut into big cubes
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 c red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, diced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, diced
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large salad bowl and toss well to combine. Cover and let the salad marinate for at one to two hours at room temperature.
- Before you want to serve the salad, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Uncover the bowl, serve, and enjoy. Garnish with additional chopped fresh herbs, if you so desire.