This salad showcases how easily raw beets are to eat. If you feel like getting some extra vitamin A, protein, zinc, and fiber, cut up some beet greens (provided you buy beets with the tops), and toss them in with your salad!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Salad
- 1 1/2 c beets, cut into matchsticks
- 1 c shredded carrots
- 1 c Granny Smith apple, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 c beet greens, sliced (optional)
For the Dressing
- 1 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice (about half an orange)
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. red chili flakes
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all of the salad ingredients into a salad bowl and mix well.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. You may have extra, which you can store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Drizzle the desired amount of dressing on the salad, mix well, and enjoy!