This is a great low-calorie salad with a bunch of refreshing flavors. There are lots of antioxidants, healthy fats, and plant-based proteins in this salad, so eat up as long as you are not cleansing. It makes a great appetizer for dinner parties as well!
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- a pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh mint leaves, chopped
- black pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 15 oz can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 c red onion, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 c pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until they are well combined. If you feel like getting extra zesty, zest a little bit of the orange and lemon into the dressing. Set aside.
- Once you have drained and rinsed the chickpeas, add them to a large salad bowl. Pour in the remaining salad ingredients and mix to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well, ensuring all of the ingredients are coated. Serve and enjoy!