Are you ready for the most Instagram and Pinterest-worthy recipe you’ve ever made? This melon ball salad includes some of the most classic and tasty melons of summer. It’s melon mania! Not only is this unique take on a fruit salad refreshing, but it’s also beautiful, nutritious, and hydrating. Nourishing the body with water-rich produce items like melons during summer is of extra importance. You don’t want to dehydrate in the heat, so increase your water intake by eating fruits like melons!
This recipe comes together in under 20 minutes, and you’ll need one specific kitchen tool: the melon baller. It’s a fun little kitchen tool that elevates the aesthetic appeal of the dish. If you are extremely opposed to making little melon balls, you can cube the melons, but it won’t look as pretty. The easiest way to ball melons is by halving them, removing any seeds and strands, and then going at it with the baller. You may find that it’s quite therapeutic. Don’t worry if all of the melon balls are perfect. It’s the imperfections in life that make things beautiful. Now let’s make this recipe already!
- Prep Time:20m
- Total Time:20m
- 1/2 cantaloupe
- 1/2 honeydew melon
- 1/2 personal size seedless watermelon
- 1/2 canary melon
- 1 tbsp. raw agave
- juice from half a lime
- fresh mint leaves (for garnish)
- Before you use a melon baller to scoop out spheres from each melon half, make sure to remove any seeds and strands.
- Place all of the melon balls in one large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the raw agave with lime juice.
- Pour this simple mixture over the melon balls and gently toss to combine.
- When you serve the melon ball salad, garnish with fresh mint leaves.