While these collards are raw and don’t have ham or bacon, they are wonderfully spicy with a subtle acidic kick. Allowing the collards to marinate in the fridge is essential if you want to soak up all the seasonings. Do this and you won’t regret it!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 bunch collard greens, washed
- 1/4 c raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil and chopped)
- 1/4 c chopped scallions (white parts only)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 c olive oil
- Take several collard leaves, cut out the thick stems, and roll the leaves to make small cylinders. Cut the leaves into thin ribbons.
- Place the collard strips into a large bowl and pour the remaining ingredients over the leaves. Mix everything up to coat the leaves. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge for at least four hours.
- Remove the bowl of collards from the fridge and uncover to serve. We hope you like them!