Is it Taco Tuesday yet? When that day comes, this is the perfect grain-free, paleo, Whole-30, keto-friendly alternative to classic Mexican rice. This cauliflower rice is zesty and has rich notes of tomato, spice, and cilantro.
If you don’t have the time to chop your head of cauliflower into florets and blend it in a food processor, you can buy pre-riced cauliflower. Riced cauliflower is more popular nowadays, so it is readily available at most grocery stores. The main thing to remember is that you need to have your riced cauliflower at the ready. There is no time to delay when it’s time to throw it in the pan!
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:25m
- 1 head cauliflower, riced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 3 tbsp. cilantro, freshly chopped (optional garnish)
- Cut the head of cauliflower into florets. Add half of them to a food processor with the S-blade and pulse until you get a rice-like consistency.
- Spoon the riced cauliflower into a bowl and then blend the remaining florets into riced cauliflower. Spoon into the same bowl and set aside.
- Warm the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add the garlic and jalapeno and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- Spoon the tomato paste into the pan and stir to combine. Season with sea salt, cumin, and paprika, and mix everything up.
- Slowly add the cauliflower rice and continuously stir so that it gets coated in the tomato-y goodness. Sauté for about 5 minutes. In the last minute, add the lime juice to the pan and mix well.
- Spoon the cauliflower rice into bowls and garnish with the optional cilantro. Enjoy!