Do you feel like getting saucy? Well, this is more of a dip than a sauce, but a dip falls under the sauce umbrella. All it needs is a little more liquid in the recipe and then it turns into a sauce. Anyone, we aren’t here to argue about this dip because we just want you to enjoy it.
A lot of store bought dips and sauces contain highly processed ingredients, dairy products, unhealthy fats, hydrogenated oils, and excess sodium. The dip that you think is healthy, may not be great for your health. When you harness the power of natural, whole food ingredients, you can make vibrant dips and sauces that exhibit layers of flavor. In the case of this Moroccan carrot dip, it contains a long list of spices, which are signature to Moroccan dishes. Classic spices in Moroccan cuisine include fenugreek, turmeric, ginger, allspice, cumin, cloves, cinnamon, coriander seed, nutmeg, and more. Although all of these spices are not in this dip, they do contribute to the incredible depth of flavor of this cuisine.
If you really enjoy this dip and want to use it as a salad dressing, you can thin it out by adding more water and apple cider vinegar. Using it on salads will offer a sprightly, spicy twist. It’s important to note that the spice is more of a comforting spice, less so of a “burn your taste buds off” spice. We hope you enjoy the dip!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 1 c carrot, chopped
- 1/3 c raw cashews
- 2 1/2 tsp. raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp. ground fennel
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (plus more to taste if needed)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c water (or more to thin as needed)
- Add all of the ingredients to a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- If the dip is too thick, you can add more water little by little to help thin it out.
- If you are happy with the consistency of the dip and everything is thoroughly blended, spoon the dip into a serving bowl and enjoy with fresh vegetable sticks.