Once you finish cleansing, it can be easy to fantasize about a plateful of unhealthy fattening nachos. If you are trying to transition to healthier foods, you need to figure out recipes that yield similar flavors, but use healthier ingredients. That is the case with this vegan nacho cheese sauce.
- Prep Time:10m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:25m
- 2 c mashed potatoes (requires about 2 medium potatoes)
- 3/4 c steamed carrots, mashed
- 1/2 c nutritional yeast
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 c filtered water
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Boil the potatoes and carrots, separately, until they are fork tender. Strain the water and mash them in two separate bowls.
- Place the mashed carrots and potatoes, in addition to the remaining ingredients, in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. It may take about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a bowl and serve with dehydrated flax crackers or vegetable sticks.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.