Sometimes you just need a recipe for a healthy snack. This is that recipe, folks. You can make bites or square (pictured) or whatever shape you want. The shape of this snack doesn’t change the slightly sweet, satisfying nutty flavor.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Total Time: 10m
- 3/4 c unsweetened coconut shreds or flakes
- 3/4 c gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 c ground flaxseed
- 1/4 c finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 c dried cranberries (unsulfured and free of preservatives)
- 3/4 c raw almond butter
- 1/4 c pure maple syrup
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix the almond butter and maple syrup.
- Pour the almond butter/maple syrup mixture over the dry ingredients and fold everything together with a spatula or your hands.
- Shape the mixture into balls or squares (the choice is yours) and place them in an airtight container. They will keep in the fridge for a couple weeks.