There are a lot of seemingly healthy bars on the market, and they attract you trendy health words. Something that is gluten-free, dairy-free, and Non-GMO can also contain lots of sugar or unhealthy fats. To avoid the potential intake of unhealthy ingredients, it’s often better to make your own protein bars or energy bites. This sounds a lot more complicated than it is. In the case of these cashew coconut balls, simply blend three ingredients in a food processor and form them into balls. That’s it!
The great thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are raw vegan, gluten-free, and they can be organic if you purchase those varieties. If you are cleansing, energy bites make great travel snacks, so we recommend portioning out a couple in separate bags for snacks throughout the week. Eat two of these energy balls and you’ll say goodbye to any feelings of hunger!
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 1 c dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 c raw cashews
- 3/4 c desiccated coconut
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until you get a sticky, dough-like consistency. You should be able to press it and mold it without trouble.
- If you need to stop blending, scrape down the sides of the processor, and continue blending, please do so to ensure the ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Line a container with parchment paper to avoid potential sticking. Wet your hands and form the mixture into about 15 balls.
- Place them in the container and refrigerate for a couple hours so they can harden. They will keep fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.