Is there a dessert more decadent and indulgent than a cinnamon roll? From the overly sweet and buttery dough to the extra sugary icing, there’s nothing you can do to hide from the sugar in a cinnamon roll. Let’s face it, though, you aren’t trying to do that if you dive into one. It’s a sugar bomb that will lead to a blood sugar high and an inevitable crash. What if you could enjoy the cinnamon roll flavor without the guilt and the unwanted side effects? Would you roll the dice and try it out?
The only ingredients in this recipe are wholesome whole food ingredients. Dates, raw cashews, raw almond butter, coconut oil, cinnamon, sea salt, and alcohol-free vanilla extract. Make sure that you purchase dates that do not contain added sugars or preservatives like sulfur dioxide. Additionally, make sure that the almond butter is raw, which you will notice on the front label. Ingredients aside, it is best to use a food processor instead of a blender. A food processor is simply the better tool for the job.
The energy bites come together pretty quickly in the food processor. Make your life easier by soaking the dates in warm water for about 10 minutes prior to blending. Drain the water and then add them to the food processor, as softening will ease the blending process. Once you see that a dough-like ball starts to form, you are ready to make energy bites. Follow the instructions below and enjoy these snacks guilt-free!
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 6 dates, pitted
- 1 c raw cashews
- 1/4 c raw almond butter
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Soak the pitted dates in warm water for about 15 minutes and then drain the water.
- Add the soaked dates and the rest of the ingredients to a food processor and blend until combined. You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Continue blending until a dough-like ball forms. Form the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Transfer the sheet to the freezer for about 30 minutes so that the energy bites can firm up. Once they are firm, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Snack when you want!