Energy bites are taking the world by storm, and they’re especially beneficial if you’re cleansing. These balls of raw vegan deliciousness are truly some of the best on-the-go snacks you can have during a cleanse. All you need is one or two to keep you fueled and energized between your meals. We just have one warning, and it’s to not overdo it with these snacks. Sure, they are nutritious, filling, and rich in heart-healthy fats, but eating too many can dramatically increase your caloric intake for the day. We always encourage people to eat until they are full during a cleanse, but gorging on nut-based snacks is not beneficial, especially if weight loss is your goal.
These mint brownie balls only contain five simple ingredients. Not a single ingredient contains added sugars or flavors. We’re working with the natural stuff! The inherent sweetness of the dates balances the rich intensity of the raw cacao powder. And although you only use a little, the fresh mint truly rounds out the snack. It’s like eating the perfect mint chocolate dessert, only it’s incredible healthy. Bust out the food processor and get ready to blend! Hopefully, you don’t eat them as quickly as you make them. Enjoy!
- 1 c raw walnuts
- 1 c Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. mint leaves, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- Add the walnuts and dates to a food processor and blend until they two come together. The mixture should be slightly chunky.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and then blend until you get a dough-like ball forms. You may need to stop blending, scrape down the sides, and continue blending to ensure the mixture is well blended.
- Wet your hands with some water and begin forming the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls. Continue to make balls and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Place the energy balls in the freezer for about 30 minutes so they can harden.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy. Transfer remaining energy balls to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to one week. Alternatively, you can store them in the freezer for up to three months.