We are excited to bring you these turmeric ginger energy bites. Easy to make, sweet with a little kick from the fresh ginger, these bites help energize the body and satiate you between meals. You don’t need to open the fridge out of boredom because you’re hungry with these around. Just eat one or two between meals and you won’t be hangry!
Whether you need to fuel up on a road trip or pack in protein before a workout, these energy bites are the answer. Because they contain almonds and cashews, they are naturally rich in healthy fats and protein. The protein and omega-3 fatty acids from the ground flaxseed also helps you feel full. On top of feeling full and powerful, you may experience an immune boost due to the ginger and turmeric. Both of these ingredients exhibit anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which aid your immune system. In addition to the health benefits, ginger and turmeric are a delicious healthy duo.
One thing to note about the energy bites is that you should buy unsulfured raisins and dried apricots. You should not see any preservatives or added sugars on the ingredient lists for either of those dried fruits. To make these energy bites, all you need to do is add everything to a food processor and blitz until you seed a clumpy dough-like ball form. Wet your hands with water, roll up the mixture into little balls, freeze for about an hour or so, and then enjoy. Let us know how you like this recipe in the comments below.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
- 2/3 c raw almonds
- 2/3 c raw cashews
- 2/3 c dried apricots (no sulfur)
- 2/3 c golden raisins (no sulfur)
- 3 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- pinch of sea salt
- Add all of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until you achieve a dough-like consistency. A clump or ball should start to form as you blend.
- Line a baking sheet or large container with parchment paper to avoid sticking. Wet your hands with water and roll the blended mixture into bite-size balls.
- Place them in the container or on the baking sheet and place them in the freezer for about an hour, so that they can firm up.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.