- 1 head of broccoli, florets only and chopped
- 8 oz dry stir-fry style rice noodles
- 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- crushed peanuts
- fresh bean sprouts
- Begin by steaming the chopped broccoli until bright green and just tender. When ready, remove from heat and set aside until ready to use.
- Bring a medium pot of water to boil and follow the directions on the package for cooking the rice noodles. Usually this means once the water is boiling, add the noodles, remove from heat, cover and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside until ready to use.
- While the noodles are doing their thing. Heat the oil in a large saute pan and add in the garlic. Saute until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- While the garlic is cooking, add all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- When the noodles are finished cooking, add them to the heated garlic.
- Add in the broccoli and the sauce and stir everything over low heat for a minute or two to heat.
- Serve warm and topped with fresh cilantro and crushed peanuts!
- Also, add fresh bean sprouts if you can find them.