We’ve been on a raw vegan sushi kick lately and this recipe contains powerful flavors. We love that it is so filling, with a lot of protein coming from the almonds. If you feel like you need a little extra flavor, add a dash more coconut aminos to get that classic soy sauce flavor.
- Prep Time:15m
- Total Time:15m
For the Sushi Rolls
- 1 c chopped carrots
- 1 c almonds, soaked*
- 1 tbsp. tahini
- 1 inch knob of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- the juice of 1/2 lemon
- coconut aminos, to taste
- *Dry amount.
- 1 handful of chopped cilantro (optional)
- 6 sheets of nori
Optional Filling Items
- thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 a cucumber, cut into matchstics
- 1 c alfalfa sprouts
- 1 avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- Add all of the Sushi Roll ingredients, except the nori sheets, to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until you achieve a rice-like consistency.
- Spoon the "rice" into a bowl and set aside while you prepare your desired filling items.
- If you have a sushi mat, now would be the time to bust it out! You don't have to worry if you don't have one. Place one nori sheet on a flat surface and spoon a thin, even layer of the "rice" across the entire sheet. Place the filling items in a line on the side closest to you. Roll up the sushi and cut it into your desired amount of pieces. Repeat until you run out of ingredients. Enjoy!