This is not a cooked dish! It is going to remind you of porridge because the flavors harmonize so well. If you want to top your bowl with some freshly cut apples, go for it!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Total Time: 15m
- 1 c raw walnuts (soaked overnight)
- 1 apple (peeled and cored)
- 4 -6 pitted dates
- 2 tsp. maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- a pinch of cloves
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3/4 c to 1 cup of hot water ( less than 105 degrees F or 41 degrees C )
- Dried apple slices for the top.
- Combine the apple, walnuts, spices, and dates in a food processor and blend until all ingredients are incorporated. With the machine running, slowly pour the warm water in until you get a porridge-like consistency. Serve in separate bowls and top with a pinch of cinnamon.