When you purchase vegan mayonnaise from the store, you have to consider the preservatives, oils, fats, and other unhealthy ingredients that may not be good for you. Vegan foods can be unhealthy too! Instead, make your own vegan mayo with very simple ingredients.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Total Time: 5m
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 -1/3 cup liquid from a can of chickpeas
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- sae salt & pepper to taste
- Add the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt & pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour the chickpea liquid in a mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer, whip the liquid until it is creamy like mayonnaise.
- Spoon the avocado mixture into the mixing bowl with the now creamy chickpea liquid. Mix well and serve immediately.
- You can store it in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days. Consider placing the avocado pit in the container to keep the avocado mayo from browning.