This is one of those recipes that is so easy to make because everything goes in the same pot. All you have to do is stir it up every few minutes to make sure all the flavors are making their way to every ingredient. Lentil pasta is a great alternative to regular pasta because it doesn’t have all the carbs!
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:20m
- Total Time:25m
- 12 oz organic red lentil pasta
- 4 c vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) organic diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1/2 one small-medium size onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 10 fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- sea salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except basil, sea salt and pepper. Stir together. Cover pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, still covered, for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Add sea salt, pepper, and basil leaves. Stir to combine for one minute. Serve hot and enjoy.