Is it ever a bad idea to give your body a healthy dose of vitamin C? The answer is “no,” ladies and gentlemen. That’s exactly what you get when you drink this smoothie all up. Vitamin C isn’t the only nutrient of note in this smoothie, though. In fact, this smoothie is rich in vitamin A, potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, and anti-inflammatory properties. You can attribute the anti-inflammatory properties to the power duo of ginger and turmeric. These two superfoods have myriad medicinal properties, which herbal practitioners have used for centuries. The natural anti-inflammatory nature of both turmeric and ginger may help reduce the risk of osteoarthritis and cognitive decline. There’s nothing like healthy joints and a well-functioning brain, right? Right! We hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as we do. It’s truly a gift for both your taste buds and your overall health.
- Prep Time:10m
- Total Time:10m
- 4 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 1/4 c water
- 1 banana, frozen overnight
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp. ginger root, grated
- 1 tbsp. raw agave nectar
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 c homemade almond milk
- Add the carrots and water to the blender and blend until you get a smooth puree.
- Pour this mixture through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth and press the juice out. Make sure to catch the juice in a bowl or cup.
- Discard the carrot pulp and save the juice.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the carrot juice into the blender and add the remaining smoothie ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and then serve.