The first rule of cooking asparagus is that you have to remove the woody ends. Nobody wants to taste that bitter flavor or chew on that fibrous texture. This recipe is very simple and it is the perfect vegetable side to whatever you have for your main course.
- Prep Time:5m
- Cook Time:15m
- Total Time:20m
- Serves: 4 servings
- Category: Sides, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- 1 lb asparagus, woody ends removed
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with tin foil or a silicone baking mat.
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle olive oil over the asparagus. Add the minced garlic, sea salt, and black pepper, and mix well to coat all the asparagus spears.
- Bake the asparagus in the oven for 12-15 minutes. They should be slightly browned and tender when you remove them.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges and enjoy.