Some spices are often neglected. You may have cardamom or nutmeg in you spice cabinet and find a recipe for them. Well, dig deep into the spice cabinet for this recipe because you are going to create your own chai-spiced overnight oats. It’s like a chai tea latte in breakfast form!
For the Oats
- 1 c steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 1/4 tsp. ground cardamon
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tbsp. grade A maple syrup
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chopped pecans
- chopped almonds
- diced apple
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, almond milk, flaxseed, cardamon, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into two eight-ounce glass jars. Close the lids and refrigerate overnight.
- When you are ready to eat, remove from the fridge and garnish with your desired toppings.